Anna and the French Kiss||If You Liked #1




Anna and the French Kiss, we've probably all heard of this book some time during the past couple years as it exploded into the YA romance genre.

Sure, you may not have liked it
but you've got to agree with one thing, this book has all the makings of a successful YA romance; cute characters, snippy dialogue, an exotic locale, etc. And for the most part, I agree. I loved this book, everything just seemed to make it work. Some of Rainbow Rowell's (not all) books per se, in the same genre just end up kinda flopping for some reason.

For all of you out there who haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet, stop reading and go read it now. It's one of the best books in the genre. For those of you who have read it, keep scrolling.






Let's get started!

If you liked Anna and the French Kiss you should definitely read If I Stay by Gayle Forman!

 Like Anna and the French Kiss, If I Stay is a whirlwind romance in all senses of the phrase. There was something about If I Stay that was just so good. I'm a sucker for romances that are just no holding back, and I think you really see that with Mia and Adam, they just fit together like two pieces of a puzzle, like √Čtienne and Anna.

On top of that, there's something about Gayle Forman's writing style, the lack of frills and unnecessary words that just let you appreciate the awesome plot for what it is.






Another book that's really awesome in the YA Romance genre is Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. 

I just finished reading this book and boy, do I have a lot to say. This book, like Anna and the French Kiss and If I Stay, is a YA Contemporary Romance, but unlike those two, it's quite a bit longer with a lot more than just a romance. 

I can't say much about it without spoiling, but Since You've Been Gone is pretty much a masterpiece of YA novels. It's light, yet not too fluffy, the characters are cute, but they're realistic; everything you're looking for in a book. It's one of those books you read when need a quick distraction from your life and want to just put yourself in someone else's shoes.

But unlike the other two, this book is a lot deeper, with a sort mystery element to it, and the thing that drives this book is actually this mystery rather than the romance. With that said, this book is really awesome you really should read it.



If you read my intro instead of skipping right to the first recommendation, you'll notice that Rainbow Rowells books don't really do it for me. Of course, with the exception of Fangirl. Fangirl is definitely one of my favourite YA novels of all time. I feel like Fangirl is that book that a lot of bookworms can relate to.

It's a cutesy YA contemporary romance centred around...a fanfiction writer. Yes, fanfiction. But on top of that, the main character, Cath, is like probably everyone that reads this blog; she's addicted to books, mainly a sort of Harry Potter style series.

On top of the characters, the dialogue in that book I find is spectacular. It's snippy and fast paced in some parts, but really adorable and lovable in others, it's a perfect combination of the two. Really, everything about this book is pretty much perfect.



And that's a wrap! Thanks to everyone that stuck around through this hiatus of sorts, we've just all been absolutely swamped in school. I hope I get to write more of these, this was so much fun!


2 comments :

  1. I definitely agree about Fangirl, I haven't read the other two recommendations yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so curious about how this one would turn out. time to order, i guess! great post.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!